- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.vFPYnxsz.dpuf T.H.E.seniors(shifted - dont post here): Finally Back to THE!

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Finally Back to THE!

The title may sound ambiguous, as if I just return from SEP, but actually I am not. These few weeks have been tough with projects/make up lessons on saturdays causing me unable to go down to the fun-filled place. Some people may feel that 2 weeks is short, but to many people, like Mr Tay, 2 weeks can be very long.

My day started off at 10am when I bumped into Richard at Potong Pasir MRT, or maybe he approached me (haha), and we talk about the elderly and their condition. It is so touching to see a person handling so many elderly, yet able to remember every single bit of them. It really took me like 3 to 4 months to get know of the current 14 elderly that we have, their names, address and touching stories.

After which I visited Mdm Ho as usual routine, though never clean her place today, have a good chat on her old house in Hougang and how she was chased away from her old rental flat. Politics is always so complicated to understand, different people will have different views and stands. Sometimes we may disagree with what the elderly say, but it actually gave us a very insightful view on what they have experienced.

Then today, my group visited Mdm Tan the CSC 孙悟空 have blogged his story here: http://touchseniors.blogspot.sg/2013/04/blogging-i-have-never-done-it-in-my-life.html

To me, I relatively felt useless today, as I did not do much of the cleaning up.  However, I feel accomplished as I believe that we met our most important mission on befriending. We may always forget that our mission here is not to clean flats. Although it is important to take care of their welfare and living conditions, we must not forget to engage them. I always remind myself of this, after that incident of me focusing too much on cleaning Mr Chiu house and did not speak much with him, as he was just discharged from hospital (The house condition was bad and he was feeling tired). Back to Mdm Tan, if you all know the story of Mdm Tan, she was still worrying about the same issue today. She made a few calls to make sure everything is alright. After the call, I cannot remember what happened, or how I link, we started to K. Thank you to 940 for contributing too!! Back track a little, when we were cleaning, we also learn a new way to fumigate the house, cheap and effective (promoted by Mdm Tan)


Mdm Tan Calling out and Jennifer showing her passion in listening!!





When we are about to leave, sadness filled the room.



As we return to block 61, we realised Mr Tay is still at the Coffee Shop so we went over to join them. Usually I will join in and listen to him, but not today! Why? Simple, he was happy! The group succeeded  in making him smile for so long...look at how many pictures I took with him smiling!


 The happy Mr Tay with the photo bombers.

 The Saturday general meeting with Mr Tay!!

 Time check! Everyone is late! OMG. Punctuality issue again!  Everyone cannot bear to leave. 

 Lastly and unfortunately, I cannot join the lunch gathering due to project meeting. Hope everyone have enjoyed the session.

If you all think 欢喜就好 is the only song, listen to this song below call 欢喜欢喜就好. It is more skewed towards daily life, which you can listen and spot the different things our elderly mention before in the song! Enjoy listening!




Signing off,
WY

No comments:

Post a Comment